Social media can be a powerful tool for promoting progressive causes and the revolution. It allows us to spread our message far and wide, quickly and easily. By using social media to spread agitprop (agitating propaganda), we can expose more people to our cause and inspire them to join us in the war for justice.
We can also use social media to promote good comrades who are doing vital work. By helping to spread their message, we can help them reach a larger audience and amplify their efforts.
Social media is a powerful tool for promoting the revolution and we should use it to its fullest potential.
- Appeal to emotion - see Agitation - who, how, when
- Consistency is key - post agitprop daily
- Agitprop (short for agitating propaganda) refers to any shocking or educational material that is easy to consume.
- This can include: outrageous or insightful tweets, videos of police violence, traditional memes summarizing complex topics
- Promote good comrades
- Distance yourself from questionable actors (unfollow people that post suspicious content)
- Create backup accounts
- Social media giants notoriously side with fascist groups. This results in leftist content creators being banned on a regular basis.